Lloyd Decorators Ltd is aware that our day to day activities will inevitably impact on our environment in a number of ways and wish to minimise the potential harmful effects of such activities wherever and when ever possible. As a consequence of this the management are committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
- To meet and where appropriate exceed the requirements of relevant legislation.
- Promote the recycling and use of recycled materials. All white spirit (VOC) is returned to stores where it is recycled and is ready for re-use. Where appropriate the blank reverse sides of documents is used and paper recycling bins are in use.
- Minimise waste in all operations. Materials quantity control is strictly managed by the Contacts Manager to avoid waste. Wherever possible bulk orders delivered to avoid excessive journeys by the suppliers.
- Reduce quantities of environmentally harmful materials. Where appropriate we recommend to clients the use of water borne products which have less environmental impact than solvent borne products.
- Transportation. Where appropriate co-ordinate journeys to site to avoid unnecessary fuel consumption and lower fuel emissions .
- Dispose of waste paint in a safe manner.
- Employees will be made aware of the Environment Policy through 'in-house' training carried out by the Manager responsible for Health and Safety.
- The Manager with responsibility for Health and Safety will ensure all employees comply with the Environment Policy and will review the environmental performance on an annual basis.